To All Our Visitors "ALOHA!" and "Mahalo!"

Racing Crow Data Disaster Backup for Business

RACING CROW !!! <--- CLICK!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

iPad and TV apps from ABC, TBS and HBO


I'm having an app-tacular winter season thanks to my iPad and TV apps from ABC, TBS and HBO. Not only is the video quality fantastic, but also having some of my favorite shows available with a touch of the screen - especially the entire HBO library (sadly, with the exception of '80s classics Dream On and First and 10) - is causing me to rethink the future of television. After living through the great TV scare of 2011 (i.e., the threat of losing FX from DirecTV earlier this month), I began to wonder if networks are an endangered species. There was once a time when I dreamed of being able to pay only for the networks I watch, but after contemplating dropping my satellite service if I had lost the ability to watch Sons of Anarchy, I realized that I regularly watch one hour of FX per week for roughly 10-15 weeks per year. The fact is, I don't need a network - I just need Kurt Sutter's awesome biker gang series. And I'd happily pay for subscriptions to individual series delivered via app or online to the creators of these shows rather than the companies that beam them to me. Of course, if this ever becomes a reality, I'll also need a 46-inch iPad to hang on my wall.
-Stevie B!

No comments: