To All Our Visitors "ALOHA!" and "Mahalo!"

Racing Crow Data Disaster Backup for Business

RACING CROW !!! <--- CLICK!

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waikiki's Gold Man Hits YouTube with Music Video

He is known in Waikiki as "The Gold Man" one of Hawaii's top street performers. But there's much more to this man than his mystique. He has entertained thousands in Waikiki with his charm and smile.
"I'm an entertainer, I don't just paint myself," he said.
Now he's showing the world he has much more to offer.
"I want to make it as a musician."
Valeri Kremniov is from Russia. Monday his music video "Sidekick" hit YouTube.
Music producer Shawn Pimental met Kremniov in his Kakaako studio.
"He goes I'm the goldman and Shawn's like oh that's pretty cool so you trade gold on the stock market, he goes no, no, no I'm the goldman," said Andrew Magpoc. "The Gold Man what do you mean? I'm the Gold Man in Waikiki."
Pimental called producer Andrew Magpoc.
"He said, it's the Goldman in Waikiki," said Magpoc. "My idea is to get him in a studio and do exactly what the hip hop artist do but in his goldman outfit I'm like dude we're doing that next week."
This is their product.
"He has this aura about himself you know," said Magpoc. "You know how you meet some people and they have success and fame he's got that around him."
But his story gets better.
"How old are you? 62," said Kremniov.
"There's some young cats out there that can't do beats like that and here's this guy at 62 cranking it out," said Magpoc.
It gets even better. In 1971 he made international news when he married an American in Russia.
"It was illegal to marry foreigners, they put me in jail and kick you out of the country," said Kremniov.
President Richard Nixon organized his release and flew him to the United States.
"There was Nixon, President Nixon welcomed me to America.
Their marriage ended three years later. In 1988 he moved to Hawaii and started performing in Waikiki. His video unveils a side you would not expect.
"He described it as mystique, there's a mystery of him being the Gold Man," said Magpoc. "I explained to him that is cool on the street but the mystery needs to be revealed on the video to have this impact that people go wow."
Mission accomplished.
"It's cool."
A NOTE FROM STEVE: One of my favorite Entertainers from the strip, always on his game.
To watch the entire music video go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OHBU6F2Tt0&feature=youtube_gdata_player.

No comments: